Past and Current Satisfied Clients
- The International Christian Embassy Jerusalem
- The Pocket Testament League
- Sermon to Book and Speak it to Book
- Rhonda Kjtabian – Jesus at Work
- Nancy Jergins – Wise Words Mom
- Reimar Ventne – Jesus in the Book of Revelation and Smart Sermon
- Marshall Foran – Empower: How to Bring Purpose, Passion, and Drive into a Boy’s Life
- Alistair Bates – Halloween: Happy Holiday or Dangerous Deception?
- B.K. Dell – Mead Mountain
- Victoria de la luz Reyes – Islam: A Quick Guide for the Christian
- Dreamstorm Digital
- Front Porch Branding
- T4Press, Daniel Lancaster – With Jesus in the War Room
- Holly Michael, Deep Roots Healing
- Womack House Publishing
My name is Karen Engle, and I am an experienced writer, editor, and proofreader. My editing journey began twenty-five years ago in college in pursuit of a journalism and public relations degree. After graduation, I taught English and Journalism for five years at the high school level before having kids. A publisher took interest in my skills in 2010, opening the doors for me to begin writing and editing within the Christian market. A lifelong learner, I finished my Master’s in Biblical Studies and Theology at Western Seminary in 2014. Now, I combine my journalism, writing, and editing experience with a strong theological background—a unique fit for clients publishing Christian or faith-based work. I started East Gate Editing with the goal of providing expert, affordable editing for both seasoned and new authors.
I specialize in developmental editing, line and copy editing, substantive editing, proofreading, and ghostwriting. My goal is to help YOU succeed and make your book the best it can be. I thrive on helping authors see their “baby” through to publication. Once your manuscript is polished and ready for the next step, I can assist with book cover design and interior formatting to finish the publishing process.
To fulfill my love of teaching, I work part-time as a writing instructor with Moody Bible Institute’s Distance Learning program. I am also a member of The Christian Pen and The Christian Editor Network, LLC.
I love the outdoors. When I’m not editing you’ll find me hiking, biking, running, or sitting outside and reading. There is nothing better in life than sitting outside with my Bible and my coffee. I also have a deep passion for Israel and take groups yearly to the land. Seeing the need for others to better understand Israel according to the Bible, I published a Bible Study in March 2017 called A People Chosen: God’s Purpose and Plan for Israel and the Nations. My understanding of Israel is a great benefit to my work as a freelance editor, especially for related content. My husband and my two young adult children are the pride and joy of my life (one married and one in college).
I hope to work with you!